Defense Of Violent Crimes
Tama Beth Kudman is an experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive criminal defense attorney with offices in West Palm Beach, Florida, New York, and New Jersey. She has extensive experience defending individuals under investigation and/or prosecution in regard to a variety of violent crimes in both state and federal courts.
Violent Crimes: An Overview
A violent crime occurs when an offender uses or threatens to use violence against another person. When you’re accused of committing a violent crime like robbery, battery or assault, there is a lot at stake. The sentences following a conviction are severe, threatening your freedom and reputation. It is essential that you hire experienced and knowledgeable defense counsel.
The most common types of violent crimes include:
- Murder/homicide/manslaughter. Homicide is the killing of one person by another. The term can encompass criminal and noncriminal killings such as murder, killing in self-defense and manslaughter.
- Aggravated assault or battery. Aggravated assault is misdemeanor assault with the added element of either the use of a deadly weapon or the intent to commit a felony.
- Domestic violence. Domestic violence is any criminal offense that leads to violence against a family member, person in the household or romantic partner.
- Weapons offenses. The term “gun offense” is relatively broad and refers to any unlawful activity committed with the use of a firearm.
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Sexual battery and rape
- Robbery and home invasion
- Child abuse
- Resisting arrest
Potential Punishments For Violent Crimes
Most violent crimes are felonies. Punishment can include imprisonment, fines and the death penalty as well as additional civil prosecution.
The Importance Of Experienced Legal Help
No matter what type of criminal allegation you are facing, it is essential to retain experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense counsel. Tama Beth Kudman has been representing individuals accused of committing state and federal crimes for more than 25 years. Ms. Kudman brings this experience and knowledge to every case she defends.
Contact Tama Beth Kudman, an experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive criminal defense attorney, today for help if you are charged with any crime or if you believe you are under investigation.